Ready to work together?
Scroll is a mission-driven company enabling frictionless access to a thriving free press. We’re backed by some of the top VCs and media companies in the world, including the New York Times, News Corp and Axel Springer. If you’re interested in working on something important with great people then read on!
Scroll has offices in NYC and Portland, Oregon and we encourage travel between them both. Sometimes you want to be working at the pace of New York City, and sometimes you want to go hiking in the Pacific Northwest after work. So do we.
Every employee is considered an owner of the company with competitive salary and equity packages. Moreover, we believe that access to healthcare is a fundamental right, but until the government agrees, we pay 90% of health and dental insurance costs for employees and their families.
We’re a startup, with all the speed and excitement that that brings, but we’re a startup where many people have kids, so we try to find a good work-life balance. If you’re happy at home, then you’re going to be happier at work and more productive.
As a consumer product, we're especially dedicated to building a diverse team that reflects the audience we’re trying to serve. Sometimes, humility can prevent great people from applying to great jobs. If you’re not sure about your fit, but one of our open roles sounds like a job you would love to do, please do get in touch.
Partnership Manager, NYC
Scroll should work everywhere a subscriber wants to read and interact with quality journalism. That means we must partner with publishers across the audience spectrum and ensure that these partners are happy and stay with Scroll over time. A Partnership Manager will work on both sides of that equation: leading the deals that bring publishers into Scroll, and managing those partnerships along the way so that publishers can maximize the financial and strategic benefits.
- Drive conversations with hundreds of publishers about the benefits and impact of participating in Scroll and manage the deal process to close
- Find new leads to build the Scroll publisher network as it grows towards full coverage
- Support publishers' integration of Scroll onto their sites to ensure that they’re live within weeks of partnership
- Build an account management strategy to ensure publishers are taking full advantage of the platform and any issues are addressed efficiently
- Educate all stakeholders within the publisher organizations on the tools Scroll builds to optimize benefits
- Act as primary customer support for issues with Scroll integration, publisher payments, data sharing and related partnership questions
- Three to five years experience in a digital news environment, with experience in a business development, partnerships or account management role
- Experience driving new leads on top of significant inbound demand
- Proven ability to sell a partnership with fixed considerations and close deals
- Facility with using data to frame a pitch and defend a position
- Basic familiarity with the web technologies
- A demonstrated ability to manage your own time and work independently
- Excellent communication, cross-group collaboration, and planning skills with attention to detail and deadlines